Sunday, May 22, 2011

Painting #118, got it done!

I almost always get at this painting thing late, I have been tired the last week from working so hard, workshops are really draining, I then had a art & craft show to do Saturday, so, today was a bit laid back, other than the usual stuff, like cook and laundry, oh well, someone has to do it,at least once in a while. Well, I was just getting into this painting thing when Susan called to remind me that the application for the MAC was due Wednesday, so I had to run upstairs to fill out the application and make the CD and the cover sheet, then race down to get that painting done, well, made it at last, it's only 11:30 p.m., well, at least it's still the same day.

I had this painting started yesterday while we were sitting at the craft show, I didn't get it completely done and so today I had to finish it. I know, it's another stream with some falls on it, are you bored with this theme? Sorry, that's what most of my photo's are, my husband and I deliberately went all over the Upper Peninsula and Northern Minnesota to get them, and had a lot of fun tromping through the brush and climbing on the rocks, on some, he actually went right out in the middle of the raging falls on some rocks and took pictures of the falls, from down looking up, I haven't painted that one (not sure if I will, it was pretty scary).

I started this one with the purple sky and then painted the tree line and moved down the picture and painted everything with a light coat, this also happens to be on the clayboard, I'm sure that you can tell, it's so smooth. then I went in and painted some purple trees in behind the green ones, I usually paint the back ones first but this time I put them in green and then decided that they should be purple. I then painted the trees and the rocks, putting in the background water as I progressed. I then fine tuned the foreground water and, ta da! It's done, I like this painting and sure hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment