Sunday, May 15, 2011

Painting #111, Sunday, a restful day.

I am supposed to have my oil painting stuff together, I should have it loaded in my car and ready to go, I don't even have my canvas prepared, I think I will prepare it with acrylic so it's dry for tomorrow. I'm going to blog this and then go to the studio and get my stuff in the car and prepare at least one canvas, I was hoping to get to bed early tonight, but I think I will have to try that tomorrow, it will depend on whether I get my blog painting done, if I don't then I will be painting that when I get home, pray for me, I need it. Thanks.

Well, here is today's painting, I had this about 1/2 done yesterday at the gallery, I really intended to get it all done, but that didn't work out since I spent most of yesterday working on the Merry-Go-Round painting, oh well.

This was started with transparent watercolors, but I finished it with opaques, this is done my usual way, first the stuff that is far behind, and mostly that was the water, then I started with the tree's and the light on the grass, I darkened the trees and put in some far away trees in the background, then I started to fine tune the trees in the foreground, the leaves and branches, once I had that done, I finished the bank on the left and darkened the bank on the right. I went back in and altered the color of the grass on the right (the yard grass), and put a few more ripples in the water, I darkened up a bit of the foreground water and finished it, I like this painting and sure hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment