Friday, May 20, 2011

Painting #116, hope I can keep these numbers straight

Today was the last day of the portrait in oil workshop, it was a good day, I fine tuned 3 paintings and attempted to correct this one, I think I still have to fix it but I will blog it first, since this is my painting for today, this painting has a fairly close resemblance of my ex-husband, Ronald Borgwardt, I believe I will attempt to enlarge the eyes though, I think the eyes do look just like his eyes, but for the size of the face they seem just a tad bit too small, so I will attempt to correct that sometime this next week, I will post it when I get that done, I did darken the shadows on his face and I did adjust the eyes, but I think since I got home, that the eyes do need a bit of adjustment, so, this is done but not quite right, I am going to enlarge the eyes just a bit and I'm sure it will look better.

I did finish a portrait of my grandson, Ryan, I worked on this one a couple years ago and would never give it to my daughter since I wasn't happy with the way it looked, I do believe it's better now, tomorrow she will tell me if she thinks it looks right or not so I will show this one too, so you get a bit more than one today.

And last but not least, my nephew Murl, I didn't get this one finished but it's pretty close, I think I need to adjust the eyes on this one too, so this one will get a bit more adjustment too, all in all, it was a good day, I already signed up for the workshop he is going to give next year, also on portraits and hands, he's an excellent teacher and I totally enjoyed this class.

I know, usually I have one painting completed, but this is a bit late to make adjustments, I have an art fair tomorrow so I had to get some heavy stuff loaded in my van while I had help, tomorrow I will put the paintings and stuff in and be gone to Spring Arbor all day, hope the weather holds and that I sell some art, I hope you enjoyed these paintings, I did.

Ron Borgwardt

Ryan Tackett

Murl Kinsey

No comments:

Post a Comment