Friday, May 27, 2011

Painting #123, a day of computer frustration

Not a great painting day, I spent most of the day trying to get my computer to stay on line, spent almost 2 hours on the phone with my carrier and was relieved to get some, I repeat, some, relief. It's still not perfect, maybe nothing is, all you have to do is add something that it doesn't like, and it starts to act up, and continues to act up, at least, that's my opinion. Who knows when you add a program that works on the old system (Windows XP seems much easier and less complicated), only to find out that they will not work on the new system, so I'm trying to decide if I'm going to upgrade my Corel Wordperfect suite, love the way the Corel wordperfect works with my Corel photo program, they work wonderfully in concert, now, I have upgraded my photo program from Corel Draw 8 to Corel Paintshop Photo Pro X3, to find out that it won't work since the Wordperfect 8 suite won't work on Windows 7 (well, it probably wouldn't work with the suite 8 anyway), what a rip off, now I have to invest in a new office suite so I can utilize the wordperfect with the photo paint, I give up, they just do that to make you spend money, besides the fact that they keep getting more complicated and, is it really necessary, I don't think so. Ok, done complaining, now to get down to the business of painting.

I was running short on time so I pulled a painting out of the bag and decided to finish it up, it is slightly larger than a 1/4 sheet of watercolor paper, I probably wouldn't have done it but I felt I could do it in 3 hours, give or take an hour, well, I spent about 3-1/2 hours to finish it so, I'll explain what transpired.

This is a watercolor collage, I had glued oriental papers down to the watercolor paper then floated the flower color (blue for this one) on then took some green to indicate foliage around. The actual first thing I had done, was float dark purple or blue in the background, well, I decided right away that I didn't like the background, so out came the gesso, I really do like to fine tune the edges of paintings with the gesso, then I go around and put little holes to make interesting spots that were not there because of the papers, so, now the background is white, but I do like it that way, so it is going to stay that way. Then I started at the bottom and fine tuned the flowers, one at a time, until I was about 1/2 way up, then I decided to start with the leaves and stems, once I start to get the feel of the leaves, the rest of the painting just evolves, I really like this painting now, and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment