Monday, May 9, 2011

Painting #105, today was lazy, late again

I didn't get into this painting until late, again, I went to the studio about 12:30 and did a framing job, it was the portrait of my Dad that I did 20 plus years ago, it is pastel and since I framed it the first time, it fell off the wall, my Dad re-did the screw eyes and wire, and hung it back up. Well, I got tired of looking at the pastel dust on the mat, so I decided to take it apart and make new mats for it and re-frame it. I did a great job, but, when I turned it around, the inside glass was dirty, I did wash the glass and thought it was clean, but it was not, now i have to take it apart again. This painting is framed 24" x 36" in a very heavy frame, plus the glass, after it fell off the wall, my Dad really put some heavy wire on it, almost as big as my pinky finger (slightly smaller than that), plus, I had put corner brackets on it to hold the painting and glass in place, when I re-wired the back, I put two extra places to run wire through, so the weight would be more evenly distributed. I didn't have the heart to re-tackle it today, so, I came home and picked up a book and read, not what I was supposed to be doing, oh well, all's well that ends well, the painting is done.

I started this painting a few days ago, and then worked on it again last Friday but couldn't get into it, today I was running on short time so I finished it. I sometimes don't know why something doesn't give me that spark, but once I got into it, I got it. I like doing the water, but this time the water in the foreground just kept getting wider and wider, it just morphed. Love the little misty falls in the back, and all together, I think it looks really good. I like this painting and hope you do too, heading to bed, got to work tomorrow and no time to read (even though the book is really good), goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment