Friday, March 25, 2011

Painting #60, I'm getting there, one day at a time, lol

Yesterday I told you that today's painting is the other half of that painting, I did manage to pull it off and I think it looks great, I wasn't sure as it is mostly falls and I had to invent some of it because my photo didn't have the really close foreground in it, I wanted it to match the other painting exactly so the part that I didn't have was just (what I call) fudged. I have painted a lot of water and waterfalls lately so I think I got that under my belt, and it does match.

I'm going to give you the regular rundown, I started with the trees (no sky) and sketched in the rocks (with a brush, no pencils on this one) and painted the grayed down blue where the water and falls were, at the very end I painted the white in making the brush move like the water does over the rocks, the rocks are a blue with brown and purple added then white, I really liked the color they came out, a perfect rock color. this painting went pretty fast as it is almost the same as yesterdays and I'm feeling the looseness of these little waterfall paintings, I like this one and if you slide them side by side,they look like one long skinny painting, pretty cool. Hope you like it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment