Thursday, March 10, 2011

Painting #45, 320 to go, hope I can keep this up

I think I can, I think I can, I hope I can, I know I can, just need to limit what else I do, I don't want to fail at this, have big plans for these 365 paintings, so I must start thinking about what I can manage and what I can't. Ok, now that that's out of the way, I need to get on with this blog, I'm getting stressed because I'm not sleeping well, I'm very tired and need a down time, I'm hoping things get done tomorrow and I can relax enough to get some sleep, got a lot of stuff to accomplish tomorrow before the big workshop on Saturday, I'm praying I can remember to pack everything (there is so much).

Well, this isn't the painting I've been working on for 3 days (well, I had it started at the same time but this isn't the one that I need to finish, that will have to be tomorrows'), anyway, I started this one with the yellow sky and did the underpainting very transparently, but the yellow didn't work for me, I decided that the yellow sky was becoming "old hat", so to speak, and decided to do an orange one, well, still not sure, but I think this one is done, at least it's as done as I can manage just now, I like the trees and mostly it works, I think I need to play with color schemes a lot more, and that would be a good thing, I like it that I didn't just do the colors in the photo (what I usually do), now I need to start morphing things so that I get away from the photograph more, I know by the time I get the 365 I will have managed that, if I don't, then this blog will have been a partial failure, but I'm sure that won't happen as I'm already pushing, the orange and yellow sky's prove that.

This painting is fairly simple, one I've done before and will probably do again, I am loving these opaques and there is the difference with that, I've signed up for a workshop in oil painting so you will probably see some oils, and I have ordered so many art supplies lately that I found some pastel ground that I'm anxious to try, so you will probably see some pastels too, so there is lots ahead and I'm anxious to try this, anyway, on with this, the sky first and then the tree line in the far background, then I put in the tree shapes and then the creek, the shadows were blocked in and I let it dry (for 3 days, lol), I worked on this today in class for a bit but didn't get too far, busy day today, so I came home and finished it this evening, just a bunch of branches to put in and I didn't care for the foreground so I changed that, then at the last minute I wet the foreground and dropped in some opaque white, here and there, so, it's finished, hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment