Friday, March 18, 2011

53 days in a row, 53 paintings

Spent the evening at Tibbits tonight, saw Three Men and A Tenor, very funny, loved it.

I had my painting done earlier but didn't have time to get this blog finished before we had to leave, so here it is, almost bed time again, seems to be the way it is, I had intended to finish a small painting I started of my Grandmother and her sister but it isn't going as well as I like so I decided to start a small painting of this barn, I've painted this barn a couple of times, but never with this much background around it, so this is a bit different, I liked the way the sun was hitting the field in the background, and the shadowed area in the foreground, so seemed like a good project. I started with the sky, of course,then painted the far field in the sunlight, then the barn, I consider the mass of weeds and fence as part of the barn, then the hill behind it and, last but not least, the foreground with the mailboxs. I especially like the drive way, I painted the sky area twice, I felt the sky was too bright so I smoothed it down and repainted it. It progressed quickly and sometimes that's good, since the whole composition is small the detail in this one is minimal. I enjoyed painting it and I sincerely hope you enjoy it too.


1 comment: