Monday, March 14, 2011

painting # 49, it feels good today.

I had a very busy day, wasn't going to get one done, spent my day running around to Doctor's offices and when I got home, vegged a little, then went over to the studio, had to cut a mat for one of my students, so, a cleaning operation entailed.

When I got home Saturday from the workshop, I just took all that stuff, and I do mean stuff, and just shoved it in the door and went home and collapsed. So, in order to get to the mat cutter, I had to put all that stuff away, well, then I had to cut mats, so while I had the mat cutter out, I decided I had to cut some of the 10" x 10" mats for the blog paintings, I didn't get to the house until 9:30 p.m., my sweet husband cooked and I didn't have to, but I always get so exhausted cutting mats that I just wasn't sure if I could paint, well, luckily, I had this one about 3/4 done and decided to use that one so I could at least get to bed in a moderately timely fashion, 12:30, for me, that's almost early. Well, I have to teach tomorrow so thought I'd better do something.

I originally started this as a demonstration for one of the girls in class and I didn't have a photo, so this finish is out of my head, not as fine as from a photo, but not too bad, it was started wet in wet and transparently, today I had the opaque palette out (of course), so I continued it with the opaques, you can see that, I believe. Anyway, I just fine tuned what was already down, and I cropped it to fit the 6-1/2" format, is that a cheat? Well, even if it is, at least I have a painting to prove I painted, so I count it. Hopefully I'll be in better form tomorrow. Have a good night, I'm on the way to the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment