Monday, March 7, 2011

42nd painting, still working at it, that was my aim

I'm really proud of myself for sticking to this blog painting thing I'm doing, I've been painting everyday, some days I get more than 1 but most times I just get the one, even then, I'm still painting everyday, and that's a good thing, I'm very happy with that.

Today's painting is from a group of photo's I took when my friend Carol and I went to Kings Mill in Leonidas, MI, a really great day, and I'm sure I'll be painting more from that group, at some point.

It is a basic green and gold painting with lots of darks for the foreground water and fence, the foliage was really dark and I liked the shape of it so it stays dark to emphasize the back lighting, I painted this on the clayboard and enjoyed the simplicity of the composition, I painted this scene once before and my daughter bought it for a gift for her boss, so it is hanging at Doctor Berry's office (I think, I haven't been there lately to see it, oops). So, I laid in the basic shapes of the trees starting in the background and coming forward with yellow green (I did lay a light value of violet behind, then decided to paint it green), the tree trunks were a gray with some brown mixed in and the dark green was laid in with a middle value of green then jumped it up at a later time. the water is brown and gold where the light hits it and purple and brown where it was dark, the foreground was just a bit of grass and some of it overlapped so I like the overlap and that joined the very close foreground with the farther side of the bank and thus to the background. I really like this one and hope you do to.

No comments:

Post a Comment