Saturday, March 5, 2011

Painting #40, got a lot done today

Good day to you, I'm working very hard, painted all day, actually worked on 5 paintings today but only got 3 of them done, the first two don't trip my trigger yet, I even worked on the one for about 2 hours, felt like I was butting my head up against a wall, so put it aside, I pulled out one of the 4" clayboards and decided to do just a fun one and I really got into it, now I have painted those little 4" paintings and I haven't been counting them as my blog painting, I'm beginning to feel differently about them now, I think this one could be counted as a blog painting, so, I'm considering it, I've been thinking that the 4" ones don't fit in with the 6" to 7-1/2" paintings that I've been doing but those 7-1/2" paintings don't actually fit either, but, I am framing (or I should say matting) them to 10", so if that's the case and the 4" ones are framed to 10" also, why not, that is the question, why don't you let me know what you think, ok? Here is one I forgot to show you a couple days ago.


And here is the one that I painted today, it's really cute, don't you think?


Now, on with today's blog painting, flowers, this is the geranium painting that I originally started, remember yesterday I said I found a picture and then I did the 4" one, well here is the finished 6-1/2" painting, this one is actually a watercolor/collage, I had started it in straight watercolor and then as a second thought decided to collage it, then I just didn't get into it, and it sat in my bag waiting for over a month, I had to finish it sometime and so here it is, the collage paintings usually start out with just watercolor, then I collage the oriental papers on top of that, when that is dry, I jump in with the flower color and then start adding the greens, you have to keep it fairly light when you first start, then I just keep getting darker, here I did use some opaques on the highlights, it's ok, but I like the one with the sheep better, so, here it is, hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment