Thursday, March 17, 2011

52 days, 52 paintings (well, maybe a couple more)

Here it is, late at night again, I'm hoping I can get this done tomorrow before time for bed, maybe I'll be a little fresher, I can hope.

The painting this time is a close up of a barn, looking through a door through to the other side, the other side doesn't have much going on but it does draw you in. the stuff in the barn is also kind of interesting, I do love to paint junk, so this was a fun one for me. I started by painting a beige/gray color for the barn siding, then I laid in the concrete blocks, I really didn't do much with these, there really wasn't much to paint, I really focused on the light through the barn, I tried to make sure that some of the stuff in the barn is readable so you would be drawn in, the tree on the right side helps. The total time I have invested in this painting was about 2 hours, I put the finishing touches on it after I got home from class.

I like this composition and have been wanting to paint it for some time, this place is someplace in Illinois, we went to visit friends, and they took us around so I could take pictures for my artistic reference. I'm really grateful that I am getting the paintings done, I've totally enjoyed several of them and I am certainly looking forward to painting several more (300 plus). It will be nice to get beyond the 300 paintings left to do, it will seem closer, I think, anyway, I enjoyed this painting and I sure hope you do to. Of course it was done with the opaques, again.

1 comment:

  1. You know this is the total I'm doing for the WHOLE year:) You've been an incredible inspiration, maybe I'll up it one or two!!!! Interesting composition Vivian.

    ReplyDelete