Sunday, March 6, 2011

Number 41, all play and no work, makes me happy

Well, here we are today, it's Sunday, sorry to say that my painting today isn't done (I did paint on it though), but, I did one extra yesterday just in case I didn't finish the one I had started for this day, this painting is a bit off my regular path, I played on my computer with my Corel Photo Paint with a photo of my Dad, this isn't really my usual but I wanted to play with the abstracted color in this photo, I think it really jumps, I would have liked to get that extra glow that the bright green was, but I just couldn't do it with my opaques, it isn't bad though. I drew the basic face shape and put the mouth and eyes in the proper place, and then jumped in with the paint, I tried not to get too detailed (obviously, I was limited with the detail, as the photo was a blow up of a smaller picture), the green is veridian with white added and the red is cadmium red (these are the opaques), the dark red brown is a color I'm unsure of, but it was perfect for this application (I'm thinking it's an American Journey color but haven't got that tube right here to check). I like this painting, even though my Dad would surely think it's weird (as he says all artists are a bit cracked, and I'm sure that was for my benefit), I'm waiting to see what my Daughter says, hope you like it too.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely different but it looks like him Love yah Mel

    ReplyDelete