Wednesday, March 16, 2011

painting #51, ah, what a day, painted 2

Was a good day, I'm still tired though, still not settled with this time change yet, but I finished my blog painting before I left to go hang the "Going Green" show at the Tibbits Gallery (for the Arts Alive group - we are part of, or associated with the Tibbits Opera House), and the Blue Moon Group is responsible for hanging those shows, we try to keep the theme of the shows to coincide with some events that are happening at the Tibbits Opera House, this time it's "Going Green". After we set that up and helped Nicole Steel with getting her set up for the Festival this weekend at the Tibbits in the lower level, we went to Susan Miller's and painted, we try to do something together as a group every couple weeks and this time we decided to do the fish workshop that I taught last weekend, it was fun, so now I have 2 fish paintings, this one is different than the other but similar, this was done with acrylics on gesso board.


Now, on with the blog painting, I worked on the clayboard again today, and I decided to go with a pink sky this time, I almost have all the sky colors used up, now then, I will think what I can paint with a green sky, won't that be interesting?
I wanted to go a little more abstract with my landscape this time, some of the landscapes have gotten so complicated that it takes a long time to get them done, so I thought that I would go with a photo that wasn't very good, I took the photo with my camera phone, not a great choice to take pictures with, at least not this camera phone, any way, I couldn't use my regular camera since the battery was dead, this was done in late spring, the purple are swamp flags, they really looked pretty, but the photo didn't come through with much color, so I did some of this from my memory, since this was such a simple landscape I was able to get it done in just a couple hours, so I'm feeling good about this, the darker stuff at the bottom is a wild grapevine that was just a tangle of weeds and I think it works pretty well, so, hope you like this painting, I do.

1 comment:

  1. Your fish look good Vivian-another successful Blue Moon evening! (Pizza, beer, chocolate, good art friends-can't get any better than that!)

    ReplyDelete