Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Painting #43, lots to do, and such a stack of photo's!

Here we go, this isn't the original painting I intended to do, been working on a different one now for a couple of days, it's a bit complicated and with my workshop looming on the immediate coming up weekend, I've been dragging my feet with this one, I'm going to try to finish it tonight so I will be ahead of the game again, I have to teach tomorrow and I'd like not to have to paint the blog painting during class, I'm sure the students would like me to be more connected to them too.

This painting is just one of a whole stack of photo's I have dragged out of the photo box, I'm so excited to finally be painting some of them that I just want to jump in and paint them all now, but, there is plenty of time to get to that, so, I thought this was a nice selection for this day, I painted most of it in class today, and just now finished it up, I really do want to finish the other one, so when I'm done here I'm going to see if I can't get it done, I probably should be over at my studio getting ready for this workshop, I need to paint fish for that and I have to have a painting done for that so they can see what it could look like, I have 3 started but need to get after it tomorrow, big time, so if I have the painting done, I can get it blogged and posted right away in the morning and be over at the studio getting this stuff ready, wish me luck.

Ok, here we go, this painting is on the clayboard, I really like it because it is so smooth, but on the other hand, because it is so smooth, it really doesn't blend well, but, the snow scene seems to work, I love painting the snow, and even though this one is similar coloring to the one a did a few weeks ago, it really isn't the same place. there is no sky in this one, so I just jumped in with the violet/brown color and made the background trees, then I shaped the bank with the orange bushes and the blue for the shadows, the creek was Just a small strip of water but I could see the reflections of the snow on on it, I tried to give that effect, it seems to look like the reflections, then I just worked around, making the tree and bush shapes and the sticks that are coming out of the snow, I like the way this one looks, hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment