Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Painting #1 - Jan 31 - A lot more to do yet

As you can see, there is a lot more to do, I really worked hard on the trees yesterday, I'm not sure if they are done yet or not, it will depend on how they look when the water progresses, I was so enamored with the water the other day, that the trees got left behind, so that was my intention when I got to the painting yesterday. The water does pull me though, I have class today, so I probably won't work on this one there, it's so large, I may work on it when I get home though. The trees were a challenge to me, I don't want them to get too detailed, but the problem is that I've worked so small this last year, that my brain hasn't totally made the disconnection with the detail, obviously, if I try to put too much detail in, it will fall flat. Besides, the intent here is to eliminate the detail, well, not totally, but to try to loosen up, I am trying, stay tuned for more upgrades, and, hopefully, the painting should be done this coming week-end, that is if all goes well. Thanks for watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment