Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Painting #345 - Jan 4 - A busy day

I'm still knitting, but not as fiendishly, just a bit, but in addition to that, I drove my paintings in to the Three Rivers Carnegie Center for the Arts, they are having their annual art competition, and this is the first year that Hillsdale as been included, of course it was because I asked them to consider including Hillsdale, we really don't have much going on in this county, Art wise, for competitions, so this will be a good thing. I also took my friend, Susan's work over, no need to have us both drive, I left my house at about 1:00 p.m. and didn't get home until 4:00 p.m., I really didn't sleep well last night and was hoping to get a small nap in, but that didn't happen, I also didn't manage to paint my blog painting before I went to Blue Moon tonight. So, this small little painting was a project that we all did, we were painting in the style of Modigliani, this is very strange for me, and not as easy as it looks like. I used my friend Carol as a model, she really doesn't have this long of a neck or face, nor does her nose look that long, this is just a hoot, we all had fun, she did me, and Sue did Bev and Bev did Sue, so, we are thinking that as much fun as we all had doing this, that we might do something similar again, like maybe pick a different artist to emulate, since we didn't copy his actual work, it is ok, I think, we just tried to get a similar effect. I think this was fun, and I was trying to do another one for the blog, but, since I'm on the short side of sleep today, and I have classes tomorrow, I believe this is the painting that you get, I'm going to matt this up and give it to my friend Carol, and I think she will do that too, Bev already gave Sue hers, which by the way, was awesome, I really should have taken pictures of all of them, except Sue can't make up her mind, she's still working on hers, and so is Carol (working on her picture of me, which is really looking awesome too), maybe we can get a picture of all of them when they are all done. I like this little painting and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment