Thursday, January 19, 2012

Painting #360 - Jan 19 - So tired today, maybe worked too hard yesterday.

Yesterday was a great day of accomplishment, but today was a dud, I painted, but I meant to have two instead of one, oh well, one is all I said I'd do, I was trying to get those postcards done, but I've since decided that I wasn't sure I wanted to send them off just now, there are a few that I really like and I didn't know if I was ready to sell them yet. I like to look at them for a while, see if they inspire me to paint larger ones of the same scene, I have thought of that, there are several that I've done that I wish they were larger paintings, they carry so nicely. I have painted these small ones all year, am I going to be able to translate the scenes into larger watercolors? I guess I'll find out here directly.

Ok, now here is the painting for day, this is the Taquamenon Falls painting I was partially working on yesterday, I've finished it, it also is acrylic, I did have one more started, but not finished yet, maybe I'll see about finishing it tonight yet, we'll see. I've painted this painting a couple of times before, believe it or not, this is the large one, imagine that, the others are smaller, one is only about 1-1/2" x 2", really small. I have about 2-1/2 hours in this one, as with yesterday's painting, this was early Fall, and there was a skim of ice on the water, no snow, but there was ice, this, if you didn't know it, is a famous falls in Michigan's Upper Penninsula, this is the lower falls, the upper falls are much larger, and, in my opinion, much less interesting. I like this little painting, and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment