Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Painting #351 - Jan 10 - I'm starting the count down

I've been thinking on what I will do after this blog is finished. I think I will take a small break, the thought of obligating myself for another blog operation doesn't sit well with me right now, I need to just relax for a bit. I wish I had more energy, at this point in my life, which I'm just getting into, but it's obviously, on a down hill slide, I just can't think about it. If I did have more energy, I would continue this blog, I have enjoyed painting everyday, and I'm still going to try to paint everyday, after all, I do have two art shows to get ready for, one that starts in August this year, and one in March of 2013. I also wish that I had decided to do this earlier in my life, I look at all those daily painters, and I'm envious, I know that if I had my life to live over, that it would probably go the same way, I married early, raised my children, and worked to pay bills, I never made it to collage, something that I would have done differently, but I'm sure that I'd still be on this same track, I've been a procrastinator my whole life, I really do enjoy painting, but I also have so many other things I enjoy, so I'm going to work with some porcelain, maybe throw some pots, I really want to do some more oils, and I really need to get rid of some stuff in my house so that I have room to do some of those things. So, I may do a blog and show you the things I'm doing, I really do need to make some jewelry, and watercolor is my main love at this time, but so much to do that I need to take a break, I will do some posts, but not everyday, maybe a couple times a week.

Ok, now, the painting, this painting is on watercolor paper, approximately 1/4 sheet of Hot pressed 140 lb. paper. I started this last week, but couldn't get it finished until today, I made quite a bit of progress on it during class, and then spent about an hour and fifteen min. to finish it tonight. In the photo, the water was almost still, the reflections were like a mirror, so in my painting, I decided to make some changes to the water, I contemplated putting a duck or a goose or a swan in, and then decided to just leave it, maybe it would have been too cute, well, I am tired, and I have to get ready for my Sturgis class tomorrow, so I'm going to get to bed earlier tonight, hopefully. I like this little painting and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment