Saturday, January 28, 2012

A new plan - here is the new plan for this coming years blog

I hope you all didn't give up on me, it took me a while to figure out my new direction, I probably will not blog daily, maybe I will and maybe I won't, you will just have to check since I don't know yet weather you really need to see everything I'm working on, I will show you when I complete one, and when I start a new or major painting (like yesterday's painting). I went to my friends house (she used to be my china painting instructor many years ago, but since then we've become best friends).

I started a 22" x 30" painting, the surface is Aquabord (I don't plan on working on this surface always), I had purchased one a while ago, it was wrapped in the plastic but I had some water damage in my studio a while ago and I didn't notice that it had gotten wet, well, the water had stained the bottom edge of the board, so I decided, since that surface is fairly expensive for that size, that I would see if I could repair it. Scrubbing it didn't work, so I gessoed it, it took several layers but it finally got so I couldn't see it, I realized that the place that the gesso was was smooth and the Aquabord is textured like watercolor paper, so I tried a couple of different things to acquire the texture necessary to get close to the texture on the board, finally I had a piece of paper towel and after I painted the gesso on, I laid the paper towel down and it really worked, you can't see the difference now that it's painted, it works for me, with the gesso on it, it should be sealed and good to go, I will monitor this to make sure that it doesn't re-appear and I will keep you apprised.

Now, this was painted all in one day I have about 7 or more hours working on this one, and I will not always have that many hours to work on one painting everyday, what I'm proposing is that I show you the progress I'm making and hopefully I will complete at least 30 paintings this year, I will say that my intent is half sheet or larger paintings, but not to just limit myself, I will tell you that I may work smaller, it will depend on lots of things, first of all, if I start a painting in a class, I may have to work smaller because of space, on the Thursday class we are a bit more limited than the Tuesday class, I don't intend to blog this daily, I think I mentioned that, but I will be on here 2 or 3 times a week to up date my progress, today's painting has a lot more photo's since I worked hard on it all day, most days, I will have 2 or 3 hours at most so it won't be necessary to show so many different views, also, when I'm working in class, I will be working on finishing paintings that are already started (from last year and before, I'm fond of starting paintings, and sometimes I have to look at them for a while before I figure out what needs to be done, probably one of the reasons that a painting a day was a bit difficult for me), but I do want to paint all the days, even the ones that I'm not teaching, I will say that I probably won't be painting on Sundays, since that is my day to spend with the family.

This first photo is the last photo I took, I will then show you the progress from start to last, I just know that if I post this on facebook, that the first photo is the one that shows up and I didn't think that would look very impressive, so here goes.


The following photo's are the first followed by the next progression, now remember, the first one is the last one for now, I'm still working on this one.





As you can see, this painting isn't done, but that's my plan, you will see the progress until it's completed, if I finish one in my class, I will post that separately, thanks for viewing my blog last year and hopefully, you will follow this part.

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing your works in progress and the completed paintings. I will continue to share them on my fb as you post them :) Love ya Mom. Your awesome! Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also look forward to seeing the progressions, so glad you continue to post.

    ReplyDelete