Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Painting #365 - Last, but not least

This is the final painting for this blog obligation, I said I'd do it and I did, I made it! Whew! Wasn't sure that I would, or could. I started getting at the paintings late, most nights, and I dragged my feet, at that, but, I did do what I said I'd do. I really don't know how those daily painters do it, how do you paint one a day on a continuous basis, I think if I had done this when I was in my 30's I might have been better equipped to deal with it, now, don't get me wrong, I did enjoy doing this, I especially like chatting, I really feel that part helps you know the real me, I do have my struggles, one being that in order for me to get anything done, I have to give myself deadlines, and pressure myself into doing it, once I get started, I really don't have trouble, it's the starting that's hard, and I'm sure that I'm not the only one that struggles with that, I am hoping that this experience has helped me be aware of how short our lives are (especially since it doesn't seem possible that this year is over already), and that if I'm going to make this art my career, I must work at it like a job, I do work at it like a job 3 days of the week, but those on those days that I don't teach, I can find all kinds of reasons not to get to the studio. In order for me to do this blog painting, I had to bring a small studio over here (at the house), and set it up at my dining room table, if I'd had to go to the studio, I would have felt that I was neglecting my husband, and even as it was, I did do that a bit, he is very happy that this blog is over, little does he know that I intend to keep blogging, about my paintings, and I'm hoping that I can figure out what I really want to do, I know if I don't tell you what I'm going to do, I'll probably not do it, because I know me, well, enough of that.

This painting was started last Tuesday, remember, I said that I got it started and was excited about it, well, I tried to paint on it some yesterday, but didn't have enough time, or energy to work at it more than a bit. Today, however, I meant to complete it and I worked at it very diligently at class, and then I have about 2 hours in it after dinner. I tried not to make it too detailed, but detailed enough, sometimes tricky for me. I left the figure of the fisherman until last, and I really enjoyed painting him, this photo was taken on a short vacation that my husband and I took a few years ago, now don't ask me where it is, for sure, it's probably in the U.P., possibly along the black river, there is a State Park and there are about 5 different falls that are on a couple of mile hike, I'm not sure that I would be able to do it anymore, but it was great getting these photo's when we did. I like this little painting and I hope you do too.

I will get back to you in the next week to decide what the next blog will be, I want to continue painting, but I want to work on some that are much larger, I'm really counting on getting some larger new stuff done for my up coming shows, toodles for now. Vivian

2 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo Vivian! You better be celebrating! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will surely miss your daily posts and viewing the pictures, you have been an inspiration! Look forward to when you do post in the future. I am always amazed at your wonderful paintings.

    ReplyDelete