Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Painting #344 - Jan 3 - Nice painting day, even if it was cold out.

The day started out slow, only one student again (the afternoon class was a bit larger with 3), but JoAnn and I paint well together, she, doing something experimental and I, doing my usual, the landscape (at least this time).

I had started this one (along with another one that I started wet in wet, of the same scene), several weeks ago, I only had the first layer on, well, you do need to finish some of those starts sometime. I thought even if I mess it up, I still had another one that I could work on. This little painting is painted on some print paper, it's not quite as heavy as hot press, but it worked out ok, it's a bit larger than I've been painting lately, probably why I drug my feet getting it finished.

I didn't like the sky, it was too dark, so I lightened it up, that helped, then I worked on the background trees, after that, I worked on the grasses, I really saw purple in there, so why not. After that I finished the water, as the water looked almost brown, with some orange and green thrown in, I decided to skim it with a bit of blue just to interrupt the static quality of it. Then I worked up the foreground trees, I really like this little painting, and I hope you do too.


No comments:

Post a Comment