Friday, January 20, 2012

Painting #361 - Jan 20 - Snow again, didn't get as much done as I wanted.

Watched a short video clip this afternoon, Sterling Edwards, I took a workshop with him about 6 years ago, doesn't seem possible that it's been that long ago, well, the video was really a short clip about a palette knife technique, so I ran over to the studio to get mine so I could practice, I've been using acrylics, but in a watercolor manner, so I tried it on one of the 4" x 6" pieces of paper that I cut up for the postcards, and I made birch trees, wow, it really worked, I've never painted with a palette knife with the watermedia, I have with oils, but not a lot, even then. I got so excited, it really did work, so, when it was dry I decided to try to filling in with a small landscape behind, well, I'd show you that, but it got late and I didn't get that one finished. I already had my painting done for today, so that's the one that you get today, I did try to paint the trees with the acrylic, but it didn't work very well, but the trees in this small barn painting were painted in with the knife, I don't know if it was how I was holding the knife, but they got wider than I relly wanted, oh well, they look pretty good, anyway, this painting is one of 4 that I started today, I will be working on the others this week-end, this is my last week-end for painting, and I have an art show to attend on Sunday, so I'm going to paint at least one for Sunday so I don't have to stress out how to get that one done, I have a plan, and I have 3 paintings to finish tomorrow, so I can use one or two for Sunday, Monday, I plan on finishing the painting I started on Tuesday, wish me luck, I like this little painting, and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment