Thursday, January 5, 2012

Painting #346 - Jan 5 - Back to the grind, 3 classes today, and I'm tired

I worked on a watercolor today in class, but it still has about 1/2 of it left to do, I just wasn't up to finishing it tonight, I've been eyeing some oil pastels that I've had for quite some time, so tonight, I decided to try working with them, I have never finished a painting with these, I've used them as a resist in some watercolors, but to do a whole painting with them, I just wasn't enthused about that. Well, I tried them, not sure about them, but have so many that I felt that I should try, I will investigate them a bit more, but this is what I have for today, I laid in the colors, then took a q-tip with turpentine on it and smoothed it out, then went back in with the sticks of color and laid in a bit more detail, I took a blending stump to get into the fine corners and up to the edges of the flower and leaves to make it smooth, it's not my usual, but not too bad, I like this little painting and I hope you do too.


No comments:

Post a Comment