Saturday, January 21, 2012

Painting #362 - Jan 21 - a bit of a slow day

I surely didn't get as much done as I thought I would, I did finish the painting that I worked on yesterday, you will see my deviated composition, what I mean by that is that I never start with the foreground, but this time I did, you remember, I said that I tried the technique of painting the birch trees with a palette knife, well, that's what I did, all the trees went in first, then, I sorted through some photo's that might fit this tree composition, I think this works very well, so, I painted around the trees with the landscape, a bit more difficult that I like, but I suppose I could have masked the trees, but I didn't. I did work on another one, I was trying to get that one done too, and my plan was to get another one done for tomorrow, well, tomorrow's painting will have to be done in the morning, I will attempt to finish it in the morning. I just couldn't do it tonight, I didn't go to bed until almost 3:00 a.m. and then I read for an hour, my dear friend, Sue called this morning and got me up, so far I haven't napped, but I am not up to painting more tonight, I know these are small, but I never said how big I was going to paint, although, when I started this blog my intention was to keep them all 6" x 6", well, I got tired of the 6" size and decided to work in a few other sizes, now it just depends on how tired I am or if I am really inspired, the larger pieces, the more inspiration, although, that's not totally true since sometimes, I just choose the size and then work.

Well, this is a small landscape with birch trees, the landscape itself didn't have any trees in the foreground, but I felt I could pull it off because the river turned right at the foreground, which made it possible for the trees, of course, I've seen other river scenes that when you are up high, the trees are in the foreground when the water comes clear to the bottom, for instance, the Taquamenon Falls pictures I have, lots of those have trees that stretch from top to bottom. I really had a lot of fun with this painting, and I really like it, I sure hope you like it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment