Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Painting #358 - Jan 17 - class day, but didn't get one done in class

I worked on 2, but I'm thinking of wiping the paint off the first one, I had it started over a month ago, but I'm having a real hard time working on it, it's not making me happy, so, when it doesn't make you happy, move on, and make it something else, that's how I'm feeling. So I started a different one, and I really like that one, but again, it's an 8" x 10" and I couldn't get that one done. It was an Arts Alive meeting tonight, and I didn't get home until 7:35 or so, after the meeting I had to stop at the store, so when I got home there was supper to make, well, that doesn't leave much time to paint, so I cut up some 300 lb watercolor paper to 6" x 4" (my friend Sue is trying to talk me into painting these small paintings to send off to Muskegon for a special sale they are having for postcard paintings), well, I thought, if I can manage to get some done tomorrow, I may, but I did paint one tonight, just in case.

This painting, as I told you above, is on 300 lb watercolor paper, but it's acrylic and not watercolor, the acrylic paint on the smooth surface of the claybord much easier than on the paper, but since this could be one of those postcards, I wanted it to be permanent, so I used the acrylic's. I sorted through the pictures to find something that I thought I could get done in an hour or so, and this one took me about 2 hours, it's painted like transparent watercolor for the sky and the far trees, and part of the water, then I used the acrylics like I use my gouache, and that really works for me, but I did have difficulty with making the paint move on this paper, it just wanted to be dry, of course part of that is that the paint practically drys on the brush before you get it to the paper, well, I did manage to get this painted and I do really like this little painting, so I'm hoping that you like it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment