Monday, January 9, 2012

Painting #350 - Jan 9 - It is a good painting day

I didn't get started with this until a little after 9:00 p.m., but, it went really well, I decided to paint on 8" x 10" Aquabord, like I said, it went fairly quickly for this size painting, only 3 hours invested, and that includes sorting through the pictures to figure out which one inspired me. I've painted this picture a couple of times before, and even though the scene is similar, they all look a bit differently. I'm going to be short with this one, I do believe after reading so many of my blogs, that you know how I progress, it's the same old way, pretty much top to bottom, or far to close, which ever way you think of it. I do work in some layers, and this one has them too, fine tuning is last which is the very close foreground, and the tree branches, I couldn't get the colors to show up correctly, so this is the closest that I could get, I'ts pretty colorful, and the picture I took with the flash, was all washed out, this one, however, isn't quite as colorful as the original, but better than washed out. I like this little painting and I hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment