Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Painting #92, it was a great painting day.

Today was Class day, watercolor class in the morning, and china painting in the afternoon, and then, blue moon, we spent so much time getting the stuff together for the Ireland thing that we hadn't had any time to spend just doing art, which is what we are all about. My dear friend Susan even made us dinner since I had class today and didn't get home before we had our Blue Moon gathering (I'd call it a meeting, but we usually don't do a regular meeting type thing), we just paint, and plan things to do and shows to get into, that sort of thing.

Ok, on with the painting, this happens to be Kings Mill, a very picturesque place to paint plein air, I did sketch there and painted, but this one is strictly from a photo I took at the time. It's a very nice park, and lots of people go there to paint and relax.

I started this a little over a week ago, but got wrapped up with several other paintings, sometimes I'll start 2 or 3 and then work on one to completion while the other two wait for a spark of inspiration, so, I got the others done that I had started at that time, and this was the last, I had to start 2 others today, so I will have them in the wings for another day, maybe tomorrow, it will depend on how I feel about painting one of them, well, actually they are almost 1/2 done so they have a big head start.

This is painted on paper again today, and I really get into painting the reflections, but this one is very sedate compared to the other water paintings, I painted this, again, with the opaques, it has been my favorite lately, so as I started with the sky, painting around the building and painting into the trees wet in wet, then I put a thin wash on the building, and then jumped into the water and reflection, then it was fine tune the trees, then the building, and the water really grabbed me so, today I got right into that. The tree on the right was put in last and the tree branches hanging over the whole thing, this is a cute little painting and I like it, hope you do too.

1 comment:

  1. The water is so beautiful Vivian. I can really feel the light filtering through the trees. Nice one:)

    ReplyDelete