Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Painting #85, rain, rain, go away

It's been raining all day, and it's cold, this is supposed to be warm, so looking forward to the warm and sunshine. Had a busy day today, 2 classes, then I zoomed out to look at an easel (waste of time), and then Arts Alive Meeting, didn't get home until after 7:00 p.m., that doesn't leave me much energy to finish my blog, too bad I didn't finish it in class, oh well, got it done now. I went into veg mode for a short while and so I was late getting this done again, well, that's just the way it has to be, I guess.

So, I didn't finish the painting I started today, I finished one I started a while ago, hopefully I'll get the one I started today done tomorrow, one can only hope. This color combination really grabs me, I did a similar combination a couple years ago with a Stella D'Oro lily watercolor, it was very effective for grabbing your attention, one of my favorites, On this painting, the colors were a bit muted, so I decided to ramp it up a bit and add the cadmium red light in some shaded spots, I think it's very nice, I'm going to keep this short tonight, I might even get to bed before midnight, wow, wouldn't that be something, well, I'm sure hoping this painting meets with your approval, it does mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment