Saturday, April 23, 2011

Painting #89 it was a gallery day

I had such a good time painting the kitty yesterday, I decided to paint another painting on the regular watercolor paper, this one is not a kitty but I had fun with it, I was using a photo taken at a workshop (a Tony Van Hasselt workshop), and I used the same view as Tony did with his demonstration that day, my painting isn't just like his, I followed the photo more closely than he did, but it does look similar, I still had fun. I did do some parts of the painting like Tony did, he made the barn multiple colors, and I like that, I should be doing more of that, but my brain doesn't remember to change the colors so often, well, it's good practice to do that, so I'm going to try it again on a different painting, and see if I can pull it off. I also painted it larger than the 6" that I've been maintaining all this time, I've decided that I can paint them any size I want, I guess it will depend on the painting and how I feel at the time.

This painting was started with the sky, I wet the sky area and the charged in with the blue, I waited to put the trees in until it was dry. The smaller section of the barn (I believe it might be considered the milk house is where I started, then the junk by the fuel barrel and then the barn, I had drawn the figure in and I did paint water around it so it stayed white, then I charged up yellow ochre and blue and purple and some bits of red, it was fun, but that layer was pretty wimpy so after I got the doorway and windows put in (after it was dry. of course), I then redid the barn, moving the colors the same as I did the first time, I put the figure in and then went around and picked up the detail in the doorway and the windows, putting sills and fine tuning the supports for the fuel barrel, all in all, I think this is a very nice barn painting, I like it and I sure hope you do too.

1 comment:

  1. This painting looks great! I like how you did the house and that man pushing an equipment! Great work! Happy Easter!...Daniel

    ReplyDelete