Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Painting #72, transparent watercolor

This little painting was done a bit earlier, I painted today but the painting isn't up to my standards, I tried to finish it but I'm really tired, stayed up to late yesterday and up way too early this morning (spring break, the grandson was pounding on my door at 7:00 a.m. and I didn't get to bed until 2:30 a.m., not enough sleep for this chicken, I knew I wasn't up to getting it done tonight, it's late now, I had to work on some computer stuff earlier this morning and then this afternoon we had a Blue Moon meeting, just not enough time in the day lately, need about 4 more hours each day, but, given the way I work, that probably wouldn't be enough soon enough.

Anyway, this little painting is done with transparent watercolors, wet in wet, love the feel of this painting, I've done this composition before, it's one I painted with opaques on gray gesso, that painting was larger, a 1/4 sheet, so I tried this painting in the square format and really liked it, since this painting is transparent, you know I started with the background and that usually means the sky, then the far trees, as I move forward you just see so much more detail, the detail is done last.

When you paint transparently, you have to paint the light colors first and then add the dark colors at the end, and that's how this one was done, I like this painting and sure hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment