Monday, April 18, 2011

#84, just managing this day

Well, here we go, finally got this done, and it's after 11:00 p.m. got to start doing better. Spent the morning printing, still, I printed all weekend. Why, you ask, well, the Blue Moon Art group want to apply for a residency in Ireland, so we have this huge profile and portfolio to accumulate. I have re-vamped my art resume about 10 times in the last 2 weeks, and I took a trip Friday to Battle Creek to get photo's, and that was a bust, so, I finally got the new print head for my printer and I printed, and printed, and printed. Had to throw a bunch away, printing large enough pictures, means that you only get 5 or so and you have to let the machine sit so the ink flows down, lots of the bad ones were also due to screw ups on my part but, oh well, it's done now, thank goodness, I think they look pretty awesome, so I'm hoping that they compare with the ones the other girls got by going to the print place and getting them done by someone else, well, I probably paid as much, I used up 1-1/2 sets of ink cartridges and half of the expensive paper I bought, but I think they look nice, we'll see how they compare.

Today's painting is a floral, had to get away from those landscapes (and buildings), and get into a comfort zone, probably won't last though. I still want to get that clayboard out, maybe tomorrow. This painting was started with the transparent watercolors, then I got into the opaques again. The colors are pretty close, and if you didn't know, you wouldn't, I don't think, besides the fact that what ever it takes to get the job done (to my personal satisfaction), is alright. I punched up the red a bit, and the blue flowers (the small ones), I don't think they are a real flower, but this is my bouquet, I can paint them any color I want, I decided to put some thorns on the stems, don't know if you can see those or not, but they added something, I decided to put a narrower mat on this one, the 2" one tat I've been using seemed to cut off too much of the bouquet, so,, here it is, I like this painting, and I hope you do too.

2 comments:

  1. Nice painting! Good job! i like the colors! By the way, If you have time,
    drop by my painting blog...Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. can i take this one for my laptop background mom? LOL its pretty :D

    ReplyDelete