Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Painting #86, hanging in there still

This is my day off, wow, didn't get much accomplished, this is also Blue Moon Art night, and we are still putting together the portfolio's for the Ireland residency we are trying to apply for, I'll be glad when it's a fete acompli, feels very stresfull, what with taxes and the application thing, I'm not getting into this blog thing the way I want, didn't get it done this morning, should have but didn't, so after I got home tonight I had to finish my painting for today, the computer is partly to blame, I get on this thing and don't have sense to get off, I got a new laptop and trying to figure out how to operate this new windows thing and finding stuff and getting the e-mail set up is something else, windows 7 is nothing like windows XP, I'm really struggling to figure it out. Just trying to figure out where the stuff is is most of it, and the e-mail, wow, just about driving me crazy at this point, I'll get it, just takes time to figure it out.

Well, this painting was done in class, one of my students wanted to do this tulip painting, so I was demoing how to do it, I probably would have done it a bit smaller for the blog, but, I decided to crop it for this blog, the paper isn't my favorite either, it's on a different kind of paper than I'm used to, oh well, it's working now. I fine tuned the flowers and leaves a bit, the red needed punched up and so did the yellow, I put the lines on the leaves and added more color to the background, so, not much else to do to this painting, I like it, and sure hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment