Friday, April 8, 2011

Number 74, all's well that ends well

Been a tough day, had to fight with my printer, trying to print, no yellow, darn! So Tired of messing with this, now, the person says it needs a new head, had to have one just this last Feb., now it needs another one? This just doesn't seem right, I was on the phone with him for over an hour, both my printers need heads, they better work this time, longer than 2 months, if they don't, I'm going to start bashing (verbally), not a physical person (usually). Ok, done with that.

This photo reference was my student Edith's, it's in California, obviously, the coast, I'd love to go there again, haven't been there since I was 5 years old, but, anyway, she gave me permission to use this photo, and I am getting 2 compositions from one photo, so this is good. I have the 2nd one started, will try to finish it tomorrow.

This is done on Clayboard again, and the opaques, I'm getting spoiled with these opaques. Love doing the water, I decided not to put the sky in this one, I felt that the rocks and waves in the foreground were a good composition without trying to do the horizon, the one for tomorrow has that. I think the water is so blue because of the sunshine, I'm certain that it doesn't look this blue all the time, if it does, it sure reminds me of the tropics. I decided to make it that blue because most of the other water paintings I've been doing are so dull or grayed down, so blue it is. I loved doing the rocks too, they were fun, I used purple and orange and brown and blue and black, so many colors, there are about 4 different blues in the ocean and I did use black for the rocks, they look volcanic again, so that's the way they got painted, I like this painting, sure hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment