Thursday, April 21, 2011

Painting #87 feeling good today

I had a very good painting day today, got 2 started today and worked on a 3rd, and did manager to finish one, hooray! I've been enthralled with this photo for a while, but didn't get to it until today, and it moved along pretty good, the china painting was good too, got a commission started and that's good, also, the girls in class today really kept me hopping, so it was a good day. My class tonight wasn't too good (well, it was good but no one painted), it was just my daughter and my sister, we just sat and visited, so it was good for that, hadn't seen them in a couple weeks, so it was very nice.

I got the clayboard out again, I'm getting so used to it, that the paper doesn't feel right anymore, and I'm worried that my 6" paintings are going to be the only thing that I paint, sure hope that's not true, although, the large paintings aren't selling for me right now, of course you have to get out there and sell them, I do belong the a co-op gallery but they aren't very notorious for making lots of money, and our's isn't doing well at all, might not make it, sure hope that's not true either. Well, have to get on with this painting.

Since there isn't a sky, I just jumped in with the butterfly (I know, it's right in the middle, but when you are working 6", there isn't many other places to put it), so then the pink flowers, I'm not sure what they are, my friend (where I took the picture) said it was bee balm but I'm not sure about that, if you know, let me know will you? Anyway, I then put in some yellow green. After that, I started to fine tune the butterfly, I know it's not a perfect replica, I can only make it similar, so if there is someone out there that realizes that, sorry, it's pretty close. Then, I started to finde the stems for the flowers by negative painting, and I let the top just fade away, the flowers were fun, I just took my brush, loaded it with some pink first, and laid it down in the direction the fuz went, then some lighter pink and then some white, at the end I went in with some darker pink on the top edges and pulled out the spikes. I really like this painting, and hope you do too.

1 comment:

  1. I like this painting! Great work on the flower and the butterfly!...Daniel

    ReplyDelete