Sunday, April 24, 2011

Painting #90, wow 3 months!

In one sense, it doesn't feel like 3 months, but, on the other hand, it doesn't seem like it should only be 90, it feels like forever. Is that bad, or good? Who knows, all I know is I'm still working at it, some days it's easier than others, but that's life, like I've said before, it's got me painting everyday, and that's good.

I started this painting in my class on tuesday, but it didn't grab me as much as a couple of the others have, it was kind of ho hum, but, I decided to throw some chickens in there, now I like it a lot better. I'm back on the clayboard, I do like painting on it, I have bought a couple other sizes, so I may jump in with one of those one of these, days, I decided, that my standard 6" was restrictive, so now I'm going to paint what ever size I feel like for the photo that I'm using, by doing that, I am hoping that I will be able to loosen up a bit, I'll have to in order to get the painting done, the small ones made it easy for me to keep my style tight, now we'll see how this proceeds.

This painting was painted my usual way, I started with the sky, then the building and the grasses, I decided to put a dirt drive in, actually it was a major highway, there wouldn't have been chickens on that road, they'd have been road kill. Anyway, I had to make some adjustments, I had to eliminate a fence and some stuff between the two barn sections, I forgot to leave space enough for it, so I just left if off, also, my photo was so dark, it was late, almost too late to take a picture, but I just wanted the shape of the barn, so the rest of this painting is all me, at the end, I decided to put something in, I pondered a person, or some horses, well, horses would have meant I would have to look for a different photo, because I would need to make sure it had the correct shape that says horse, well, the chickens came out of my head, I think they look like chickens, also being small, I could infer, so that's what I did, I like this little painting, and hope you do too.

1 comment: