Saturday, April 16, 2011

Painting # 82, feeling refreshed again today

Today's painting is from a photo I borrowed from my friend Carol, I started this at one of our Blue Moon meetings, and I finished it at home, I had to do it without the photo, I know this building isn't pink, but the shadows were a little pink, and somehow they became really pink, and they got pinker, so, this doesn't look like the building anymore, but, who cares. I enjoyed finishing this one, of course, I started it transparently, and finished it opaquely. Nothing wrong with that, as far as I'm concerned. This painting was started wet on dry, no wet in wet, it was painted like I was out in the field, even though I was sitting at the table. I wasn't using the opaques as much then, now, however, I'm using them all the time. I know there is a a lot of people out there that strictly paint from life, I've never been as good at that, I've done it, but I take lots of photo's, and I really work best in the studio (or dining room) when I have plenty of time to think things through. I'm keeping this short tonight, I managed to finish tomorrows today, I'm spending the day with my husband, he's made a couple of comments about this blogging thing, and I don't want to cause any friction by not spending the only day of the week he has off, painting. well, I may paint some, have some started that I want to finish, seems like the perfect solution to cleaning up some unfinished paintings. Well, have to get going, I enjoyed this painting, and hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment