Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 31, feeling a bit better

So relieved, able to really paint today, and even washed a couple dishes, not my favorite, but, some days you have to do it. I was at least able to hold my head up today, the head cold seems to be better, at least I didn't have a head ache today, going slow though, still didn't have classes, trying not to get too crazy and end up sick again, not good. Today's painting is really part 2 of 2 paintings, I started another today also, but, I really worked hardest on this one, I will finish the other one for tomorrow's blog painting, when you see it, you'll know what I mean.

I painted this on that clayboard again, I so like painting little landscapes on that surface, I ended up purchasing a couple larger sizes of that clayboard, I'm going to try a larger painting on that to see if I like it as much as I do the 6" one's, right now, though, I'm in the process of preparing for a workshop, supported by the City of Coldwater and a grant, for the community, I believe I have a full class 14 that I know of and possibly one or 2 more, going to be an experience, and lots of fun, we are going to go crazy with "STUFF", more on that later.


Right now I want to explain this painting a bit, I think I'm doing a good job of getting a bit looser, this one seems fairly loose to me, maybe not, you be the judge. I started with a small bit of sky color (to overlay the trees with) and then jumped in with that marvelous golden yellow, and moved into the green, right and left, my water color was that mix of blue, brown and gray mixed with white to lighten it up, oh yes, we are still into the opaques, love um, love um. Then I laid in the rocky ledges with some brown mixed with the gray and put some green into the far right had for the water edge, I really got into the background trees, fine tuned those and just kept moving forward, so simple, first the background then the foreground, just kept layering lighter shades of grayed down blue for wave action and then white on top of that, you know the drill, so, I'm calling this one done and I like it, hope you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment