Friday, February 25, 2011

32 days, woo hoo!

Here we are, feeling much better, been painting all day, even did a small extra one, wanted to try something different, so took a 4" square and just started laying wet colors in sort of a floral (this is on the clayboard, you'll remember that the colors just stand on the surface for a few and then sink in) so that was my intent, after it dried I started seeing roses, so I went with it, I really had fun with this and may do it again, but for now, on with the blog painting.



Now then, this painting was done just exactly like the one yesterday, so I'm going to be very short with this explanation, you know I have a certain way of painting on this clayboard, since there is no blending (or wet-in-wet) I just lay in the colors, when I want light, I use a bit more water, when you do that you end up with unknown shapes, that's good, dealing with the unknown is more creative, I think. I'm enjoying these fall scenes, but I'm thinking I need to do a winter scene on this clayboard to see if I can master that, but, anyway, here is the deal, the sky first, the blue/gray/white with water, then the trees, yellow first then the green, pulling down to the edge of the water, here I lost my sandy beach so I went back in and found it by lifting, the water was the same blue/gray and some white then into the greenish gray that I have (in the shadow areas) then with the wave action with a lighter version of the same blue/gray and then up to white, I think this one works pretty good, I like it, of course that's a given, or you wouldn't see it, better get going, have to get to the studio today and my husband says we are going out to eat tonight, I have to get over there and get some of this stuff (for the workshop) cut out and made (I'm making some stamps) so this operation will go faster, got to go for now, hope you enjoy this one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment