Monday, February 21, 2011

28 & 29

Well, this will be short, I have paintings for 2 days, I have no power and no internet so I'm at my daughters trying to get this done, I don't know when I'll have the power back on, they say possibly a week, don't know what I'll do if that's the case, so, I painted today, just like yesterday, finished the Pansy's and started another, so this is what you get, my paintings this time are on watercolor paper, the pansy one was done wet on dry, with the opaques, wasn't sure if it was done, but I did feel like crap again today, so they may need more finessing, I will analyse this later, I did build up the color and negative paint, as you can see.


Now, the next picture, the sky is wet in wet, then I just kept adding the colors, I skipped the water area and charged in with green, after analyzing I determined that the foreground was too dull and decided to liven it up with an opaque grayed down pink that I have I think it really worked, this one is fairly simple as it was a very early morning mist picture and the foreground and trees were just dark blobs, I think it worked fairly well, so here it is and hopefully I'll have power soon, if not I'll have to run in to keep this up, we'll see, still feel cruddy and don't know yet if I'm having class tomorrow, the center was closed today and if it's open tomorrow I may have class but the china painters will be dissapointed, they didn't get fired (the porcelain pieces that is), no electric, no kiln.

1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful landscape. I can't wait to see this one for real. Bring it to Blue Moon next week.

    ReplyDelete