Monday, January 31, 2011

7 Days - got to plan ahead

Well, it's been a busy day, this is late, actually 12:30 a.m. and it's technically Tuesday, but I'm counting this as Monday since that is my Monday painting, I think I will have to plan on making 2 on the day before I plan on cutting matts, I had to cut matts today since I ran out, well, I was a very enthusiastic matt cutter, I cut for 4 hours, my back is giving me a fit from bending over the cutter, but, I won't have to cut matts for 2 weeks now.  I would have been ok but we had our Blue Moon meeting today, we get together every 2 weeks and with the impending storm, we decided to meet early (we usually meet on Wednesdays), so, I didn't get at the painting until 8:30, I really think I will do something that is easier next time, it won't be as complicated, I worked it and worked it, probably overworked it, but, it stands.

I decided to try something different, I have enjoyed those opaques so much, I decided to attempt the opaques on a mid-tone gray background, I have gray gesso so I coated the paper with that and let it dry, I decided to do a picture of a couple Great Great Aunts, of course I didn't get them looking quite as old as they looked in the photo, but who is going to know that but me, right?  It's not meant to be a portrait anyway, just a painting of two ladies in a park.  So, I didn't do wet in wet, I know, I usually do but with the gray I had to just jump in with the paint, it took me much longer than I meant it to so I'm not going to go into a long spiel of what I did, I just painted, and painted, I mushed and mushed, and painted and painted, started to get really tired so quit, maybe I'll get this perfected another time (or at least painted much faster), I won't make it if I have to take 3-1/2 hours to paint every one of these (all the others were done in about 2 hours).  I really intend to do the little one and then when I'm done with that one, work on a big one, the idea is to get me into the studio and painting, not to be the "be ALL and end ALL" of my painting each day.  So, I will find something a bit simpler or do it more simply, there you go, the key work SIMPLY.  Ok, now that I've done my talking, you probably want to see what kind of painting I did this time, so here it is, I'm not sure if I like this one or not, I will have to let it sit and look at it a little longer. 

1 comment: