Saturday, April 14, 2012

Paintout today

What a nice day, it was a scheduled paintout at the Cary Farm in Hastings with the PAAWM group, a bit of a long drive, and the forcast was not good, thank goodness that the weather didn't know that, what a nice day. The Cary's were so generous, they provided us with apples, oranges, doughnuts, muffins, coffee, water, then they brought out a sheet cake, and when it was finished, they provided us with pizza. Wow! They were ever present and wandered around, so friendly, it was a wonderful site and it was a great day.

My friend Carol and I wandered around for quite a while and then decided to get to painting, I took lots of photos so I'll hopefully be able to paint more than this one painting. I usually paint with watercolors, but today I decided to paint with pastels, my surface was a new one for me, I ordered some suade paper, what a lovely surface, it hardly makes any dust, I really like it.

Anyway, I was painting the same scene as Richard Jordan (he's the one that organized the PAAWM group), and he's a very good oil painter, I hope I wasn't encroaching on his space by painting the same location he was, anyway, I worked on this for about 3 hours and I probably could change a few things, but I won't get the opportunity since I donated the painting to the Cary's, they liked my painting, and they were so kind to let us wander all over their property, so I decided to donate this one piece for their generosity. I hope they enjoy it, I really enjoyed the day and I enjoyed painting this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment