Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Golden Stream finished - finally

I've worked on this off and on, it's been 2 months, and I really meant to have this, done within the week, well, I got sick, plus the fact that I had to work on that poster, I really got behind. Then, I got waylaid, I found a new surface to work on and I'm pretty excited about it. I have another painting that is almost finished, but I wanted to get this one done, I worked on both today, it was gallery day, and I think I must have worked on this painting about 2-3/4 of my 3-3/4 hour day. I was so excited to get this one done and then I worked on the next one, and was so excited to get so close to finishing it, I forgot to eat dinner, then my students started to arrive, well, I ate my salad when I got home, about half an hour ago.

This painting, as you will recall, is on Ampersand Aquabord, I discovered this surface when I was doing the daily blog painting, and really liked working on it. I wasn't sure when I would work on one this large, but I must have invested in the 22" x 30" bord during one of the orders I placed for bords, I do have several of the 6" square bords left, so I will be painting a few more of those at some point.

This painting has been about 3/4 done for a long time, I only had to finish the lower left corner, well, I think the problem was that those branches in the middle were holding me back, I finally got them done today, then I worked on the rocks on the left and the water right at the corner, this one is finally done and I'm so glad, now I don't have to feel guilty for painting on something else, I am planning on finishing the next one tomorrow, and I'll be posing that one then, hope you'll be watching for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment